- Survivors pulled from Oklahoma tornado debris as toll lowered |
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
Syria ceasefire appears to be holding, Annan says
GENEVA, April 12 |
GENEVA, April 12 (Reuters) - A ceasefire in Syria that took effect on Thursday morning appears to be holding and must be sustained, international mediator Kofi Annan said in a statement.
"Syria is experiencing a rare moment of calm on the ground," said Annan, who brokered the deal between Syria's government and the opposition. "This must be sustained."
"All parties have obligations to implement fully the six-point plan. This includes both the military provisions of the plan and the commitment to move to a political process."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this