MIPS Technologies shares surge on sale report
(Reuters) - Shares of MIPS Technologies Inc MIPS.O rose 25 percent in afternoon trading after Bloomberg reported that the company has hired Goldman Sachs to pursue a potential sale.
The company, which designs chips and processors and license them out to chipmakers, is looking for a buyer and expects Goldman to help it negotiate a potential sale, the report said citing unnamed sources.
When contacted, a MIPS spokeswoman said the company does not respond to market rumors.
Shares of the company, which has a market capitalization of $276.7 million, were up 24 percent at $6.42 on the Nasdaq. (Reporting by Himank Sharma in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |