Brazil Feb retail sales fall 0.5 pct from Jan
SAO PAULO, April 13
SAO PAULO, April 13 (Reuters) - Retail sales volumes in Brazil f ell 0.5 percent in February from January, the government statistics agency IBGE said on Friday.
Retail sales had been expected to fall 0.4 percent, according to the median estimate of 20 economists polled by Reuters. Forecasts ranged from a fall of 1 percent to no growth.
However, February's retail sales jumped 9.6 percent from the year-earlier period, the IBGE added, more than the 9 percent median estimate in the Reuters poll. Forecasts ranged from 7.5 percent to 9.8 percent gains.
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters