UPDATE 1-JPMorgan reports lower net income
* Net income $5.4 billion vs $5.6 billion year earlier
* Q1 EPS $1.31 vs $1.28 year earlier
April 13 (Reuters) - JPMorgan Chase & Co reported lower first-quarter profit, but higher earnings per share after the company bought back stock.
The biggest U.S. bank by assets, JPMorgan said on Friday that net income was $5.4 billion, or $1.31 a share, compared with $5.6 billion, or $1.28 a share a year earlier.
The company's quarter-end share count declined 4 percent from a year earlier as it bought back stock.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data