North Korea names Kim Jong-un to top national military post
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea named its young leader Kim Jong-un as First Chairman of the ruling National Defence Commission at a meeting of its assembly on Friday, capping a rise to power in the reclusive state after the sudden death of his father in December.
Kim Jong-il, who ruled the country as the Chairman of the powerful military commission until he died, would remain its chairman for eternity, the North's official KCNA news agency said.
(Reporting by Jack Kim; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data