U.N. council "deplored" failed North Korea rocket launch
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The U.N. Security Council "deplored" on Friday North Korea's failed bid to launch a long-range rocket but said it would continue talks on an appropriate response to the actions of the hermit state, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said.
"Members of the Security Council deplored this launch, which is in violation of Security Council resolutions," Rice told reporters, summarizing discussions among the 15-nation panel on Friday morning. She is president of the council this month.
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight