U.N. council "deplored" failed North Korea rocket launch
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The U.N. Security Council "deplored" on Friday North Korea's failed bid to launch a long-range rocket but said it would continue talks on an appropriate response to the actions of the hermit state, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said.
"Members of the Security Council deplored this launch, which is in violation of Security Council resolutions," Rice told reporters, summarizing discussions among the 15-nation panel on Friday morning. She is president of the council this month.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV
- Ohio couple found guilty of enslaving woman and child