Iran's Jalili said uranium enrichment needed for peaceful means
ISTANBUL, April 14
ISTANBUL, April 14 (Reuters) - Iran's chief nuclear negotiator Saeed Jalili said on Saturday Tehran needed to enrich uranium to 20 percent purity for peaceful purposes.
"Any right which is indicated in the Non-Proliferation Treaty should be respected," Jalili told a news conference after his country's first talks with six world powers in more than a year.
"Enrichment of uranium is one of these rights that every individual member state should benefit from and enjoy for peaceful purposes," he said.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg phoned Obama to complain about spying