REFILE-Barclays merges corporate finance, M&A groups
April 16 (Reuters) - Barclays Plc's investment banking division is combining its corporate finance and mergers and acquisition groups in a bid to land bigger deals, according to an internal memo sent Monday and obtained by Reuters.
The current leaders of the two groups, Tom King, Paul Parker and Ros Stephenson, will lead a new global corporate finance M&A group, said Skip McGee, head of Barclays' investment banking division, in the memo.
With the move, Barclays aims to land more "transformational" M&A deals and to take advantage of strong relationships M&A bankers have with corporate clients, McGee said in the memo.
A Barclays spokesman confirmed the contents of the memo.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data