FOREX-Euro climbs to session high vs dollar
NEW YORK, April 16
NEW YORK, April 16 (Reuters) - The euro climbed to the session high against the dollar, recovering from a two-month low earlier in global trading after it did not breach key technical support levels.
In mid afternoon New York trading, the euro last changed hands up 0.1 percent at $1.3086, after climbing as high as $1.3093. Earlier it dropped to a two-month trough of $1.2993.
Stop-loss euro sell orders were reported below $1.2970, but near-term support was seen at $1.2955, around the 61.8 percent retracement of the euro's climb from the January low to the February peak.
With the euro not testing those levels, some buyers stepped in.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |