Qatar sovereign fund to buy hotels in Sardinia -source
DOHA, April 16
DOHA, April 16 (Reuters) - Qatar Holding, the investment arm of the gas-rich Gulf nation's sovereign wealth fund, is set to unveil a deal in the property and leisure sector in the Italian island of Sardinia including a clutch of luxury hotels, a source close to the matter said.
"It will be a big deal, and the Qatari emir will be in Italy for the signing," he said.
The deal, for properties on the Costa Smeralda, or emerald coast, is likely to be announced on Tuesday.
Qatar Holding, part of the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), was not immediately reachable for comment. (Reporting by Regan Doherty, Editing by Sitaraman Shankar)
- Somali officials say U.S. struck where al Shabaab were meeting
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro