Grainger profit beats estimates
April 17 (Reuters) - Industrial maintenance and safety products supplier WW Grainger Inc's quarterly profit beat analysts' expectations, helped by higher demand in the United States.
Net income rose to $189.5 million, or $2.57 per share, from $159.1 million, or $2.18 per share, a year ago.
Revenue jumped 16 percent to $2.19 billion.
Sales in the United States rose 10 percent to $1.70 billion.
Analysts expected earnings of $2.52 per share on revenue of $2.19 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal on Thursday: officials