Mali names Microsoft Africa chief as interim PM
BAMAKO, April 17
BAMAKO, April 17 (Reuters) - Mali authorities have named Cheick Modibo Diarra, Microsoft Corp's chairman for Africa, as interim prime minister charged with helping to restore civilian rule to the West African country after last month's coup.
The appointment of Diarra, a former NASA astrophysicist, was announced on Tuesday in a statement read out on state television.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source