Mali names Microsoft Africa chief as interim PM
BAMAKO, April 17
BAMAKO, April 17 (Reuters) - Mali authorities have named Cheick Modibo Diarra, Microsoft Corp's chairman for Africa, as interim prime minister charged with helping to restore civilian rule to the West African country after last month's coup.
The appointment of Diarra, a former NASA astrophysicist, was announced on Tuesday in a statement read out on state television.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia