Northern Trust Q1 net income climbs 7 percent
April 17 (Reuters) - Northern Trust Corp said Tuesday that first-quarter income rose 7 percent on better expense management and an improving stock market.
The custody bank's net income was $161 million, or 66 cents a share, compared with $151 million, or 61 cents a share, a year earlier.
Analysts, on average, had expected Northern Trust to earn 66 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media