Penguins' Adams suspended one game; Bylsma fined
(Reuters) - Pittsburgh Penguins forward Craig Adams was suspended one game and head coach Dan Bylsma fined $10,000 on Monday for incidents that occurred during Game Three of their Eastern Conference quarter-final with the Philadelphia Flyers.
Adams was banned for instigating a fight late in the third period of Sunday's 8-4 loss. He was assessed a minor penalty, a fighting major and a game misconduct.
Adams will miss Game Four of the best-of-seven series on Wednesday in Philadelphia. The Flyers lead the series 3-0.
(This story has been filed to correct day of Game Four)
(Reporting by Steve Keating in Toronto; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |