- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
U.N. must react firmly to any Syria violation: France
PARIS (Reuters) - Any violation of a U.N.-backed peace plan by Syria should be met with a swift and firm response by the United Nations Security Council, French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said on Tuesday.
Addressing an international conference on Syria in the French capital, Juppe also said that Western sanctions on the country were having an effect and its foreign currency reserves had been halved.
(Reporting By John Irish; writing by Daniel Flynn)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this