U.N. must react firmly to any Syria violation: France
PARIS (Reuters) - Any violation of a U.N.-backed peace plan by Syria should be met with a swift and firm response by the United Nations Security Council, French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said on Tuesday.
Addressing an international conference on Syria in the French capital, Juppe also said that Western sanctions on the country were having an effect and its foreign currency reserves had been halved.
- Anger mounts after bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official