RIM launches new "affordable" BlackBerry smartphone in India
NEW DELHI, April 18
NEW DELHI, April 18 (Reuters) - Research in Motion on Wednesday launched a new BlackBerry smartphone in India, calling it its "most affordable" phone.
The BlackBerry Curve 9220 smartphone has a dedicated key for accessing BlackBerry Messenger and FM radio and has a long battery life, it said in a statement.
RIM has seen fast growth in India as it expanded aggressively into the consumer segment with low-cost offerings and by positioning the device as a gadget for aspiring young professionals and even college students.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |