EURO GOVT-Technically-driven buying pushes Bunds higher
LONDON, April 18
LONDON, April 18 (Reuters) - German Bund futures rose on Wednesday with traders saying failure by the Bund to break below a key technical level had triggered some buying.
"After support held down at the 139.80 level, there were a couple of small stops triggered around 140.10-12 and in thin volume that's pushed us higher," a trader said.
The June Bund future rose as much as 28 ticks on the day to a session high of 140.24.
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |