Fed selling Treasuries maturing 07/13 thru 01/14
NEW YORK, April 18
NEW YORK, April 18 (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve on Wednesday was selling on the open market Treasuries maturing July 2013 through January 2014, the New York Fed said on its website.
The Fed previously said it intended to sell $8 billion to $8.75 billion of the Treasuries on Wednesday.
The sale was part of the Fed's latest stimulus program, dubbed "Operation Twist" - a $400 billion program that extends the maturity of the central bank's Treasuries holdings in a bid to lower mortgage rates and other long-term borrowing costs.
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work