US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Nasdaq turns positive
NEW YORK, April 18
NEW YORK, April 18 (Reuters) - The Nasdaq turned positive on Wednesday, helped by strength in large-cap Internet shares Amazon.com Inc and Yahoo Inc.
Stocks opened lower, weighed by Intel Corp and International Business Machines Corp, which reported results late Tuesday. Yahoo topped expectations, sending shares up 2.8 percent to $15.43.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 23.50 points, or 0.18 percent, at 13,092.04. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was off 1.39 points, or 0.10 percent, at 1,389.39. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 0.12 points, or 0.00 percent, at 3,042.94.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia