Media General 1st-qtr loss widens
April 18 (Reuters) - Broadcaster and publisher Media General Inc posted a wider quarterly loss, hurt by an 8 percent fall in print revenue.
Net loss for the publisher of newspapers like the Tampa Tribune and the Winston-Salem Journal and owner of TV station WFLA-TV widened to $34.4 million, or $1.53 per share, from $25.8 million, or $1.15 per share, a year ago.
Revenue for the quarter rose slightly to $149.5 million.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Home sales tumble, jobless claims at near nine-month high
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia