Poland commits $8 billion to IMF resources-Lagarde
WASHINGTON, April 18
WASHINGTON, April 18 (Reuters) - The head of the International Monetary Fund said on Wednesday Poland had committed $8 billion in additional financing resources to the global lender ahead of a meeting of finance chiefs in Washington over the weekend.
"This is part of a concerted action among important creditors to ensure the Fund has sufficient resources to tackle the crisis and to promote global economic stability," IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde said in a statement.
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winning lottery tickets sold in California, Georgia |