Steelmaker Nucor profits dips from year ago
April 19 (Reuters) - Steelmaker Nucor Corp posted a drop in first-quarter profit on Thursday, but said shipments in March exceeded its previous expectations.
Net earnings were $145.1 million, or 46 cents per share, compared with $159.8 million, or 50 cents per share, in the same quarter last year, the Charlotte, North Carolina-based company said.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter