Steelmaker Nucor profits dips from year ago
April 19 (Reuters) - Steelmaker Nucor Corp posted a drop in first-quarter profit on Thursday, but said shipments in March exceeded its previous expectations.
Net earnings were $145.1 million, or 46 cents per share, compared with $159.8 million, or 50 cents per share, in the same quarter last year, the Charlotte, North Carolina-based company said.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat