Coal miner Peabody's quarterly profit dips
April 19 (Reuters) - Peabody Energy Corp, the largest U.S. coal miner, said Thursday that first-quarter profit slipped slightly from the previous year.
Net earnings were $172.7 million, or 63 cents per share, compared with $176.5 million or 65 cents per share, in the same quarter of 2011.
Revenue rose 17 percent to $2.04 billion.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors