Syntel posts higher 1st-qtr profit
April 19 (Reuters) - Outsourcing company Syntel Inc posted a higher first-quarter profit, helped by a 17 percent jump in revenue.
The company earned $40.7 million, or 98 cents per share, compared with $25 million, or 60 cents per share, a year ago.
Revenue rose to $170.7 million from $145.4 million last year.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note