- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
A.O. Smith posts higher profit
April 20 |
April 20 (Reuters) - Heater maker A.O. Smith Corp posted a higher quarterly profit, helped by a 10 percent increase in sales of heaters and boilers at its largest North American business, and raised its 2012 earnings forecast.
The company now expects earnings between $2.75 and $2.90 per share from continuing operations for the full year - above its earlier view of $2.65 to $2.85 per share.
A.O. Smith's net earnings from continuing operations almost doubled to $47.5 million, or $1.02 per share, from $24.2 million, or 52 cents, a year ago.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this