US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Earnings lift Wall St at open
NEW YORK, April 20
NEW YORK, April 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose at the open on Friday after better-than-expected results from Microsoft and General Electric propelled what has been a solid earnings season to date.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 69.89 points, or 0.54 percent, to 13,033.99. The S&P 500 Index gained 5.69 points, or 0.41 percent, to 1,382.61. The Nasdaq Composite added 12.99 points, or 0.43 percent, to 3,020.55.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994