DIARY-IMF, World Bank Spring 2012 meetings in Washington
Finance ministers and central bankers from around the globe are in Washington this week for the semiannual meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank.
Following is a schedule of the top events. All times listed are in EDT/GMT.
Saturday, April 21
0800/1200 - The IMF's steering panel, the International Monetary and Financial Committee, meets. IMFC Chair Tharman Shanmugaratnam and IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde hold news briefing following the meeting
Time TBD - The joint IMF/World Bank Development Committee meets. A news briefing follows
1100/1500 - Finance ministers from Africa holds news briefing
1700/2100 - The Bank of France hosts a panel discussion on financial stability
Sunday, April 22
Time TBD - IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde holds news briefing following a meeting of the African Consultative Group
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- North Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |