DIARY-IMF, World Bank Spring 2012 meetings in Washington
Finance ministers and central bankers from around the globe are in Washington this week for the semiannual meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank.
Following is a schedule of the top events. All times listed are in EDT/GMT.
Saturday, April 21
0800/1200 - The IMF's steering panel, the International Monetary and Financial Committee, meets. IMFC Chair Tharman Shanmugaratnam and IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde hold news briefing following the meeting
Time TBD - The joint IMF/World Bank Development Committee meets. A news briefing follows
1100/1500 - Finance ministers from Africa holds news briefing
1700/2100 - The Bank of France hosts a panel discussion on financial stability
Sunday, April 22
Time TBD - IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde holds news briefing following a meeting of the African Consultative Group
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion