'Hunger Games' gives up box office crown
LOS ANGELES, April 22
LOS ANGELES, April 22 (Reuters) - Romantic comedy "Think Like a Man" topped the domestic movie box office charts during the weekend, ending the four-week winning streak of the blockbuster movie "The Hunger Games."
"Think Like a Man" earned $33 million at U.S. and Canadian theaters from Friday through Sunday, according to studio estimates compiled by Reuters.
New romantic movie "The Lucky One" finished second with $22.8 million. "Hunger Games" fell to third place, pulling in $14.5 million.
Sony Corp's movie studio released "Think Like a Man." "The Lucky One" was distributed by Time Warner Inc's Warner Bros. studio, and "Hunger Games" was released by Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |