DIARY-IMF, World Bank Spring 2012 meetings in Washington
Finance ministers and central bankers from around the globe are in Washington this week for the semiannual meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank, which end on Sunday, April 22.
Following is a schedule of the top events. All times listed are in EDT/GMT.
Sunday, April 22
1200/1600 - IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde holds news briefing following a meeting of the African Consultative Group
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers |
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default