DIARY-IMF, World Bank Spring 2012 meetings in Washington
Finance ministers and central bankers from around the globe are in Washington this week for the semiannual meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank, which end on Sunday, April 22.
Following is a schedule of the top events. All times listed are in EDT/GMT.
Sunday, April 22
1200/1600 - IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde holds news briefing following a meeting of the African Consultative Group
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |