DIARY-IMF, World Bank Spring 2012 meetings in Washington
Finance ministers and central bankers from around the globe are in Washington this week for the semiannual meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank, which end on Sunday, April 22.
Following is a schedule of the top events. All times listed are in EDT/GMT.
Sunday, April 22
1200/1600 - IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde holds news briefing following a meeting of the African Consultative Group
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study