D.R. Horton orders jump in 2nd-qtr
April 23 (Reuters) - Top U.S. homebuilder D.R. Horton Inc posted a third straight jump in new home orders and said second-half profitability will be stronger.
Horton's second-quarter net income was $40.6 million, or 13 cents a share, up from $27.8 million, or 9 cents a share, a year ago.
Net sales orders rose 19 percent to 5,899 homes.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S