D.R. Horton orders jump in 2nd-qtr
April 23 (Reuters) - Top U.S. homebuilder D.R. Horton Inc posted a third straight jump in new home orders and said second-half profitability will be stronger.
Horton's second-quarter net income was $40.6 million, or 13 cents a share, up from $27.8 million, or 9 cents a share, a year ago.
Net sales orders rose 19 percent to 5,899 homes.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |