D.R. Horton orders jump in 2nd-qtr
April 23 (Reuters) - Top U.S. homebuilder D.R. Horton Inc posted a third straight jump in new home orders and said second-half profitability will be stronger.
Horton's second-quarter net income was $40.6 million, or 13 cents a share, up from $27.8 million, or 9 cents a share, a year ago.
Net sales orders rose 19 percent to 5,899 homes.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident