Dutch govt resignation to be tendered: Dutch TV
THE HAGUE, April 23
THE HAGUE, April 23 (Reuters) - Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte will tender his government's resignation to Queen Beatrix, Dutch broadcaster RTL reported on Monday, clearing the way for elections in the Netherlands.
The Netherlands was thrust into political crisis over the weekend when seven weeks of austerity negotiations collapsed.
Several government ministers declined to comment and told a Reuters reporter in The Hague that it was up to the prime minister to announce any decision. Rutte's office was not immediately available to comment.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |