Market Chatter - Corporate finance press digest
BANGALORE, April 23
BANGALORE, April 23 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Monday:
* Swiss drugmaker Roche is looking for alternatives after it dropped a $6.8 billion hostile offer for genetic specialist Illumina, Der Sonntag newspaper reported on Sunday.
* American private equity firm First Reserve has appointed JP Morgan to sell British oil services firm Acteon for about 1 billion pounds ($1.6 billion), The Sunday Times reported.
* Britain's second-biggest insurer Aviva is expected to announce the sale of its American life assurance business Aviva USA next month on which it will make a loss of 1 billion pounds ($1.6 billion), the Sunday Times reported.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry