Hexcel 1st-qtr beats on commercial aerospace demand
Aerospace supplier Hexcel Corp's first-quarter results beat estimates driven by strong demand from commercial aerospace customers.
Net income for the first-quarter rose to $39.6 million, or 39 cents per share, from $26.4 million, or 26 cents per share, a year ago.
Revenue rose 20.7 percent to $400.1 million.
Commercial aerospace sales were up 23.7 percent.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 33 cents per share on revenue of $371.8 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |