Walmex says bribery scandal won't hurt business
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Wal-Mart de Mexico, or Walmex, battling bribery accusations, said in a statement on Monday it does not believe the allegations will hurt its business.
The New York Times reported this weekend that the Mexican unit of U.S. retail giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc silenced an internal investigation of hundreds of suspect payments worth more than $24 million made to grow its business in Mexico.
(Reporting By Cyntia Barrera Diaz)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |