Dutch MP Wilders sees vote as referendum on Europe
THE HAGUE, April 24
THE HAGUE, April 24 (Reuters) - Dutch populist politician Geert Wilders, who heads the eurosceptic Freedom Party, on Tuesday told parliament the Dutch elections, which could take place in September, would be a referendum about Europe and Dutch sovereignty.
During the emergency debate on the budget crisis which has led to the collapse of the government, the parliamentary leader of the Liberal Party, a member of the coalition, said he was not hopeful of getting an agreement on budget cuts due to deep divisions within the chamber.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media