Dutch MP Wilders sees vote as referendum on Europe
THE HAGUE, April 24
THE HAGUE, April 24 (Reuters) - Dutch populist politician Geert Wilders, who heads the eurosceptic Freedom Party, on Tuesday told parliament the Dutch elections, which could take place in September, would be a referendum about Europe and Dutch sovereignty.
During the emergency debate on the budget crisis which has led to the collapse of the government, the parliamentary leader of the Liberal Party, a member of the coalition, said he was not hopeful of getting an agreement on budget cuts due to deep divisions within the chamber.
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |