Dutch MP Wilders sees vote as referendum on Europe
THE HAGUE, April 24
THE HAGUE, April 24 (Reuters) - Dutch populist politician Geert Wilders, who heads the eurosceptic Freedom Party, on Tuesday told parliament the Dutch elections, which could take place in September, would be a referendum about Europe and Dutch sovereignty.
During the emergency debate on the budget crisis which has led to the collapse of the government, the parliamentary leader of the Liberal Party, a member of the coalition, said he was not hopeful of getting an agreement on budget cuts due to deep divisions within the chamber.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers