UPDATE 1-Synovus posts quarterly profit
April 24 (Reuters) - Synovus Financial Corp posted its third straight quarterly profit as the bank set aside lesser money to cover bad loans.
For the first-quarter, the bank posted a net income of $21.4 million, or 2 cents a share, compared to a loss of $93.7 million, or 11 cents a share, a year earlier.
Provision for loan losses fell 53 percent to $66.0 million
Shares of the Georgia-based bank closed at $2.07 on Monday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |