Akamai 1st-qtr adj profit beats Street
April 25 (Reuters) - Internet content delivery company Akamai Technologies Inc posted a quarterly profit above analysts' estimates helped by soaring demand.
For the first quarter, Akamai -- which competes with Level 3 Communications and Limelight Networks -- earned $43 million, or 24 cents per share, compared with $51 million, or 26 cents per share, a year ago.
Excluding items, it earned 41 cents per share, above analysts' expectations of 38 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident