Huawei forecasts 15-20 pct revenue growth this yr
HONG KONG, April 25
HONG KONG, April 25 (Reuters) - Huawei Technologies Co Ltd , the world's No.2 telecommunications equipment maker, said on Wednesday that it expects revenue this year to grow 15-20 percent, faster than 2011, as divisions such as consumer devices drive growth.
CT Johnson, a senior executive in charge of Huawei's financials, made the comments during an analyst conference at the company's headquarters in Shenzhen, China.
Earlier this week, Huawei said 2011 revenue rose 11.7 percent to about 204 billion yuan ($32.3 billion), although net profit fell 53 percent because of slower telecom spending, forex losses and expenditure in research and development, and marketing. (Reporting by Lee Chyen Yee; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls