Akamai first-quarter adjusted profit beats Street
(Reuters) - Internet content delivery company Akamai Technologies Inc posted a quarterly profit above analysts' estimates helped by soaring demand.
For the first quarter, Akamai -- which competes with Level 3 Communications and Limelight Networks -- earned $43 million, or 24 cents per share, compared with $51 million, or 26 cents per share, a year ago.
Excluding items, it earned 41 cents per share, above analysts' expectations of 38 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
(Reporting by Supantha Mukherjee in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |