Gingrich to quit presidential race: Republican official
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich plans to drop out of the 2012 race next week, a Republican official said on Wednesday.
Gingrich suffered another round of heavy losses in five primary contests won by presumptive nominee Mitt Romney on Tuesday. The Gingrich campaign is deeply in debt.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat