Gingrich to quit presidential race: Republican official
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich plans to drop out of the 2012 race next week, a Republican official said on Wednesday.
Gingrich suffered another round of heavy losses in five primary contests won by presumptive nominee Mitt Romney on Tuesday. The Gingrich campaign is deeply in debt.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |