Gingrich to quit presidential race: Republican official
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich plans to drop out of the 2012 race next week, a Republican official said on Wednesday.
Gingrich suffered another round of heavy losses in five primary contests won by presumptive nominee Mitt Romney on Tuesday. The Gingrich campaign is deeply in debt.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |