Gingrich to quit presidential race: Republican official
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich plans to drop out of the 2012 race next week, a Republican official said on Wednesday.
Gingrich suffered another round of heavy losses in five primary contests won by presumptive nominee Mitt Romney on Tuesday. The Gingrich campaign is deeply in debt.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols