Bayer- M&A focus still on healthcare, crop sciences
FRANKFURT, April 26
FRANKFURT, April 26 (Reuters) - Bayer's Chief Executive Marijn Dekkers reiterated the group is looking in the healthcare and crop science industries for any takeover targets.
He added, however, that the German maker of drugs and plastics was under no pressure to pursue M&A deals, speaking to analysts in a conference call broadcast on the Internet on Thursday.
"Driving organic growth for Bayer is the key priority for the next years," the CEO said.
Reuters on Wednesday cited people familiar with the matter as saying Bayer was nearing a multibillion-dollar acquisition to bolster its healthcare division. (Reporting by Ludwig Burger)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data