Bayer- M&A focus still on healthcare, crop sciences
FRANKFURT, April 26
FRANKFURT, April 26 (Reuters) - Bayer's Chief Executive Marijn Dekkers reiterated the group is looking in the healthcare and crop science industries for any takeover targets.
He added, however, that the German maker of drugs and plastics was under no pressure to pursue M&A deals, speaking to analysts in a conference call broadcast on the Internet on Thursday.
"Driving organic growth for Bayer is the key priority for the next years," the CEO said.
Reuters on Wednesday cited people familiar with the matter as saying Bayer was nearing a multibillion-dollar acquisition to bolster its healthcare division. (Reporting by Ludwig Burger)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge