Expedia posts quarterly loss but revenue up
April 26 (Reuters) - Online travel agency Expedia Inc reported a quarterly loss against a year-earlier profit after accounting for discontinued operations.
But earnings from continuing operations and revenue rose.
The company had a net loss of $3.3 million, or 2 cents a share, in the first quarter, compared with earnings of $52 million, or 37 cents a share, a year earlier.
Quarterly revenue rose 12 percent to $816.5 million.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident