Expedia posts quarterly loss but revenue up
April 26 (Reuters) - Online travel agency Expedia Inc reported a quarterly loss against a year-earlier profit after accounting for discontinued operations.
But earnings from continuing operations and revenue rose.
The company had a net loss of $3.3 million, or 2 cents a share, in the first quarter, compared with earnings of $52 million, or 37 cents a share, a year earlier.
Quarterly revenue rose 12 percent to $816.5 million.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions