jcpenney Announces Expansion of Its Leadership Team
jcpenney Announces Expansion of Its Leadership Team
Newly appointed leaders join industry-leading talent focused on revolutionizing the retail landscape
PLANO, Texas, April 26, 2012
PLANO, Texas, April 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Key to its vision of becoming America's favorite store, J. C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE: JCP) today announced the appointment of several acclaimed industry leaders who join the company as it redefines the jcpenney brand and revolutionizes the retail shopping experience.
Benjamin Fay, 40, has joined the jcpenney team as EVP, real estate, store design and development. Leading the Company's strategic presence in more than 1,100 locations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, Fay will guide the development of the all new jcp store of the future intended to create an entirely new interface for retail. Additionally, he will be responsible for the implementation of the Shops™ strategy, as well as the remodel and maintenance of all existing jcp stores. Fay joins jcpenney from Apple, where he served as senior director of retail real estate, design and development. In this role, he led the design team responsible for upholding the brand image and unique design aesthetic associated with its worldwide portfolio of Apple retail stores. Prior to this position, Fay worked at Gensler on the Apple account, where his creative talents were instrumental to overseeing the standard design execution of Apple retail stores across the country. Fay will report to Chief Executive Officer Ron Johnson.
"Ben is an incredibly creative professional with extraordinary leadership skills. Having worked with him over the last 12 years, I am delighted to see Ben step into this new role at jcp," said Johnson. "His design influence has made the Apple stores highly regarded retail destinations around the world, and I am excited to have Ben place his own mark on jcp as we re-imagine the jcpenney store of the future."
John Singleton, 51, has been appointed EVP, chief supply chain officer. With nearly 20 years of industry experience, Singleton is responsible for leading the Company's global supply chain operations by overseeing its domestic and international transportation and distribution networks. Singleton is charged with simplifying the supply chain processes by driving quality and efficiency throughout jcpenney's logistics operations. Singleton previously worked for Abercrombie & Fitch, where he was responsible for distribution, transportation, trade policy and brand protection functions. Prior to that, Singleton served as senior vice president of logistics and trade at Ann Taylor Stores and held positions leading distribution efforts for The Stanley Works, Circuit City Stores and The Stride Rite Corporation. Singleton retired as a lieutenant colonel after 22 years of military service in the U.S. Air Force. Singleton will report to jcpenney Chief Operating Officer Mike Kramer.
Kristin Hays, 41, has been promoted to SVP, communications. In her new role, Hays will oversee the Company's corporate and internal communications functions, as well as investor relations. Through her leadership, all company communications will be strategically aligned to ensure messaging is cohesive and reinforces the new jcpenney brand. Hays joined jcpenney in 2002 as a litigation attorney and held a variety of leadership positions within legal, corporate communications and investor relations, most recently as vice president of investor relations. Hays will report to jcpenney President Michael Francis.
Additionally, jcpenney has welcomed the following leadership team members who report to Katheryn Burchett, senior vice president of merchandising and marketing integration:
- Laura Sandall has been appointed VP, events marketing and publicity, and is responsible for utilizing innovative events and publicity strategies to help generate buzz and excitement around the jcpenney brand. Prior to joining jcpenney, Sandall formed and led Sandall Marketing, where she developed numerous breakthrough events, publicity programs and initiatives on behalf of various clients. Sandall also served as the director of events marketing and publicity for Target Corporation. It was under her leadership that Target became known for spectacular events that captivated the attention of media and guests.
- Michelynn Woodard joins jcpenney as VP, philanthropy. With over 15 years experience in corporate philanthropy across multiple industries including entertainment, non-profit, television, digital media and music, Woodard will lead the Company's charitable efforts in more than 1,100 jcpenney communities nationwide through strategic partnerships with philanthropic organizations that represent the Fair and Square values inherent to jcpenney. Woodard's extensive cause-related experience has included leadership positions at Creative Artists Agency, West Brands, LLC and Be the Change, Inc.
"We are assembling a world-class leadership team that will come together and re-imagine a store experience that is not only exciting and relevant today, but will inspire future generations of jcpenney shoppers," said Ron Johnson. "I am thrilled to have these newly appointed leaders join our efforts as we transform jcpenney into America's favorite store."
Over 110 years ago, James Cash Penney founded his company on the principle of treating customers the way he wanted to be treated himself: fair and square. Today, rooted in its rich heritage, J. C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE: JCP) is re-imagining every aspect of its business in order to reclaim its birthright and become America¹s favorite store. The Company is transforming the way it does business and remaking the customer experience across its 1,100 jcpenney stores and on jcp.com. On every visit, customers will discover straightforward Fair and Square pricing, month-long promotions that are in sync with the rhythm of their lives, exceptionally curated merchandise, artful presentation, and unmatched customer service.
For more information about jcpenney, visit jcp.com.
jcpenney media relations
Daphne Avila and Kate Coultas
(972)431.3400 – email@example.com
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote