Seoul shares up, poised to recover after five-day slide
SEOUL, April 26
SEOUL, April 26 (Reuters) - Seoul shares rose on Thursday near the market open, poised to snap a five-day losing spell as they track a global stock rally following strong earnings and a statement from the Federal Reserve that left the door open to further easing measures.
Large-cap technology shares lent support. SK hynix rose 2 percent after reporting its first-quarter results while LG Display gained 1.3 percent.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.58 percent at 1,973.44 points as of 0005 GMT. (Reporting by Joonhee Yu; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief