- Frenetic search for survivors as 91 feared dead in tornado-hit Oklahoma |
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Dollar firms as Fed suspense builds, shares off highs |
- IRS officials back on Capitol Hill hot seat over targeting
US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains in late rally
NEW YORK, April 26 |
NEW YORK, April 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains in a late rally on Thursday, with the Dow rising 1 percent and the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq hitting session highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 132.90 points, or 1.02 percent, at 13,223.62. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 11.03 points, or 0.79 percent, at 1,401.72. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 26.44 points, or 0.87 percent, at 3,056.07.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this