US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains in late rally
NEW YORK, April 26
NEW YORK, April 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains in a late rally on Thursday, with the Dow rising 1 percent and the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq hitting session highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 132.90 points, or 1.02 percent, at 13,223.62. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 11.03 points, or 0.79 percent, at 1,401.72. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 26.44 points, or 0.87 percent, at 3,056.07.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |