US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains in late rally
NEW YORK, April 26
NEW YORK, April 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains in a late rally on Thursday, with the Dow rising 1 percent and the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq hitting session highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 132.90 points, or 1.02 percent, at 13,223.62. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 11.03 points, or 0.79 percent, at 1,401.72. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 26.44 points, or 0.87 percent, at 3,056.07.
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours