Nintendo posts 1st loss, predicts return to profit
TOKYO, April 26
TOKYO, April 26 (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd said on Thursday it will return to profit this year, helped by a weakening yen, after posting its first annual operating loss on shrinking sales of its ageing Wii gaming console and weak demand for its new 3DS handheld device.
For the current financial year to March 31, Nintendo predicted operating profit of 35 billion yen ($429.9 million), co mpared with a consensus estimate of a 40 billion yen profit, based on forecasts by 20 analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The operating loss of 37.3 billion yen in the year just ended compared with a consensus estimate of a 41.4 billion yen loss.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image