OHL sees 1.2 bln eur capital gain from Abertis deal
MADRID, April 26
MADRID, April 26 (Reuters) - Spanish builder OHL estimates a pretax capital gain of 1.2 billion euros ($1.6 billion) from the sale of toll road assets in Brazil and Chile to motorway firm Abertis, management said on a conference call on Thursday.
OHL and Abertis struck a deal late Tuesday that will give the builder at least 10 percent of the motorway firm in exchange for the Latin American assets.
An OHL director also said there may be opportunities to increase the builder's long-term construction portfolio thanks to the deal with Abertis.
($1 = 0.7585 euros) (Reporting By Tracy Rucinski; Editing by Paul Day)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years