Two Tepco affiliates to merge businesses -Nikkei
TOKYO, April 26
TOKYO, April 26 (Reuters) - Takaoka Electric MFG Co and Toko Electric Corp, two companies affiliated with Tokyo Electric Power Co, will merge their businesses under a new holding company around October, the Nikkei business daily reported on Thursday. The move comes as Tepco, reeling from the crisis at its Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, is looking to reduce the amount it pays for power and services from the firms, the paper said. Tepco owns 29 percent of Takaoka and 45 percent of Toko.
Both companies declined to comment on the matter.
(Reporting by Miki Kayaoka; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |